Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bleary-eyed, I ramble on about the Oscars

Summary: My former employer requested a quick-hit piece from me about the Oscar nominations. Quaking at the thought of once again facing a particularly vicious deadline, I nonetheless ventured into newspaper waters.

If you're interested, you can check out the results at the Rocky Mountain News' Web site.

A capsule review of my comments: A lot of very good work was recognized, there were some surprises and those who care about Oscar wonder whether the writers strike will derail any chance for a traditional ceremony.

1 comment:

Peter Nellhaus said...

Greenwood did not get a nomination because a disproportionate amount of the score was the work of other composers. The story can be found at IndieWire. The animated film I wish would have been nominated was Paprika. Except for Wajda, for best foreign film, the filmmakers nominated is No Country for Old Men, unlike the past few years with people like Eastwood, Scorsese and Polanski getting Oscar recognition.